Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to learn how to Design a Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalWork

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Mentor,

How are you?

I am a beginner in electronics. I have studied Electronics in College but that was all theoretical.
If I want to design a circuit how to use that theoretical knowledge to convert to practical knowledge.
Do we require imagination power of how current flows how voltage varries how to control current and voltage. How to practically use components like Op-Amp,DAC, or various ICs

Thanks in Advance
Sincerely
DigitalWork

First step write a specification , then a block diagram, showing the various processes. Then take key word from process and Google it to find what ICs are available and circuits that others have used. Check to make sure that you understand what is being offered and how it relates to your specification. Modify the offering. Go away and build it.
Frank

Best rule of thumb; Get the circuit to work first and then make it worse better. You will have a hard time by adding too much at once.

Digitalwork - I suppose you are primarily interested in analog circuits, particular in active circuits which contain transistors or integrated amplifier units, correct?
For my opinion, at first you should become familiar with some relevant terms like

- gain
- transfer function
- input and output impedances
- principle of negative feedback.

Each good working amplifier needs some sort of negative feedback and, hence, it is very important to know WHY we have feedback and HOW it works (with WHICH results).

Hi Mentor,

Thank you for taking me one step further.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.