Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want to interface radio to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavamurali

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
interface radio pc

I want to interface radio to PC plz note in mind i want to measure the electromagnetic field strengths of different FM, AM, TV stations can any body help me , or else is there any device that can be used to do it ,or any software

bavamurali said:
i want to measure the electromagnetic field strengths of different FM, AM, TV stations

You can use either a spectrum analyzer or a (EMC) measurement receiver for this purpose. You also need an antenna with a known antenna factor. Logper antennas (or LPDAs) are widely used for this purpose. They have even gain over several octaves.

In some newer spectrum analyzers (since early to mid-1990ties) you can store the antenna factors so the device can calculate the field strength and directly display it in V/m or dBuV/m. These devices are available as used devices on the surplus market for low prices (a few thousand Dollar).

CU

What radio are you trying to interface? i.e. Icom HF receiver.
The reason I ask is because some of the more modern receivers have serial outputs that can be used for control and signal strength functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back