Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want to interface AC signal to ADC0808 with 89C51 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish09

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to interface my AC voltage signal (which is coming from transformer) to ADC0808 with 89C51 microcontroller. so prblem is that if i will connect my transformer o/p +ve wire to the analog channel 1 then where should i connect my -ve terminal, i can't connect it to the ground because ground of IC is DC whereas my signal is AC. So please someone help me, i am damn confused....

What is the peak to peak voltage range and the frequency of the AC signal?

Essentially, you will need to signal process by scaling and level shifting the AC signal into the DC range of the ADC0808.

BigDog

What is the peak to peak voltage range and the frequency of the AC signal?

Essentially, you will need to signal process by scaling and level shifting the AC signal into the DC range of the ADC0808.

BigDog

Thanks for your kind response but actually basic idea of my project is i want to interface my transformer with 89c51 and i will store standard value of voltage , current & Temperature in my controller so if any parameter (i.e. vtg,c/n or temp ) exceeds its defined standard limit so it should display warning msg as well as Value of parameter on LCD display.
Hence i have to take values on every time instant, as per ur suggestion if i will convert it into DC so it will give constant. I am stepping down my supply 440V to 12-0-12 V so peak to peak is 24Volts, & frequency=50Hz
Eagerly waiting for ur intelligent feedback.:shock:

why not use a single 5v step down transformer and then with a transistor conected to the output you will get a squarewave which your adc can handle.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back