Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to get into Xscale MCU... where should I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trend

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have been looking heavily into the Atmel's SAM7 arm chips, and lightly into other ARM chips... I recently found out that the xscale chips will suite me best.

What are some good ebooks/pdfs for this?

Where can I find some good xscale forums/newsgroups/support?

And lastly.. and probably most important :) Where can I get an inexpensive dev board (under $150 would be great!)

thanks!
Lee

Added after 6 minutes:

something like:
**broken link removed**

Well.. for 55~ bucks.. i wouldn't mind just buying that everytime instead of just the Xscale proc... but I would have to order 1k units.. and I only need one

try Cogent Computer System website
**broken link removed**

I googled a bit and found that the Xscale PXA270 has a maximum speed of 624MHz! Is the PXA270 a DSP or a microcontroller? In what kind of applications is it used? Is it usefull in apllications such as machine control, robotics and other electro-mechanical systems?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back