Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to designs oscillator for 6.3 GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sengar_vijay

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which type of oscillator is prefered for GHz application.
I want to design for 6.3 GHz.
What type of parameters should I conisider??
if u know how to design can u send me mail with some design tip

it will depend on the technology u will use
if integrated design , the cross coupled oscillator is the most widely used in integrated circuits

if u will implement it in discrete , u can use the unstabilized transistor , with microstrip resonator
or u can use DRO , dielectric resonator oscillator

about the parameters u consider

1)the phase noise
2)push , and pulling effects
3) power consumption
4) spectral purity

khouly

I'm curious, are YTO (YIG tuned oscillators) used anymore? I don't see them mentioned very often nowadays.

yeah it is still used in the measurement equipment where very high performance needed and there is no limitation on size , and mechanical fixations
YIG provide , wide tuning range , and a good phase noise performance

but the best phase noise can be achieved using DRO

khouly

Hi, Can you tune a DRO and how does it work, I mean drawing ??..

P.

mainly DRO is tuned mechanically using screw about it
so the tuning range us not so high but the Q of the DR reach 10000 so the phase noise is very good

khouly

yeah it could be done , but if u connect the varactor with the DRO the quality factor of the varactor will dominate the Q of the DRO , and u lose the high purity of DRO coz mainly in the 6 GHz range the Q of the varactor will be about 30 max 50 , as far as i know

so u will lose the phase noise performance of the DRO

khouly

u mean tune a DRO with a screw without varicap?but the tuning rang with a screw is wider then varicap,is isn't?

no , the screwused to varay the oscillation frequncy very littile to fine tune the freq
the varactor is wide , but it will destroy the phase noise performance

khouly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back