Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to design millimeter wave antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree479

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design millimeter wave antennas for obtaining my PhD degree. my freqquency of interst above 60 GHz. Please tell me appropriate softwares at these frequencies. please Give some necessary advice..

I have used CST Microwave Studio. You can also use FEKO and HFSS but, personally, I don't have an idea about the latter two as I have not used them.

Get a copy of IEEE microwave magazine (any issue) and you will find advertising for 10 different EM simulation tools.
Get a copy of IEEE microwave magazine (vol. 9 number 6, Dec 2008) for a nice overview of different EM simulation techniques.

For your PhD work, start researching the different 60GHz antenna topologies (what type used where, and why).

Reactions: sree479 and FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

sree479

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.