Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to buy a wireless lan that can use with microcontroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben_k_wong

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build a ad-hoc system for communication between cars. I plan to use a wireless lan with 802.11b transceiver that can use with microcontroller or processor. Can anyone give me advice about what transceiver is good and cheap?

thank you
ben

Re: I want to buy a wireless lan that can use with microcont

Are you looking for an IC or a complete module? If this is only for proof of concept, then I would recomend WiPort™ "Wireless Embedded Device Server" from Lantronix:

https://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/wiport.html

**broken link removed**

I have not used any components for WiFi and would like to know if anyone here has done any evaluation of different components on the market.

BR,
/Farhad

ben_k_wong

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

ben_k_wong said:
i want to build a ad-hoc system for communication between cars. I plan to use a wireless lan with 802.11b transceiver that can use with microcontroller or processor. Can anyone give me advice about what transceiver is good and cheap?

thank you
ben

The cheapest at www.eztcp.com --> USD48

ben_k_wong

What will be the distance between cars?
Will they be in the line-of-sight?

ben_k_wong

Status
Not open for further replies.