Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to build CD-ROM DRIVE ON A CAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SphinX

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CD-ROM DRIVE ON A CAR

Hi,

I want to build interface to connect my cd-rom drive to the car (to hear the music)

Thanx

hi,

if you only want to play audio cd using cdrom at you card, then we have a very simple solution.

first make a power supply connection using you car battery. regulate the power supply to +12vdc and +5vdc and supply to the cdrom.

then connect the audio out from the cdrom to you amp and you are on the way.

here is the link that you can refer to

https://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/cdrom_audio_wire.html

if you plan to play mp3 or data file then we need expert here :)

wisely

If you want to play mp3 files then you need to have ide controller mcu+mp3 decoder ic+dac ic.You can find something in hxxp://www.mp3projects.com/ and hxxp://www.mp3ar.com/ Rgrds,

By the way, i forgot, professional car cd players have suspension systems to prevent shocks of road.So if you assemble it to a solid object in the car, you probably can not use cd player due to craters of the road.Some friends used springs to assemble it.Good luck.

my advise, just by a cheap car cd player capable of playing mp3 and audio cd. the time and money factor spent building one is not really worth it at the end

I think, to prevent shocks of road buy a cd-man, don't use cd-drive, cd-man prenvents shocks.

ok, but if i want to control the cd-drive with a pic (only play and stop functions),can you give me some information about that??.

thanks.

The simplest way would be to connect to the control
buttons on the face of the CDROM. I wouldn't make
this any harder than it has to be.

Nick C.

You can use a simple relay rather than a transistors since you cannot confirm whether the switch is active high or active low

One more thing. Pick your regulator circuit carefully.
The electrical system in a car can be a very unfriendly
place to electronics. A simple 7812 and 7805 just
aren't going to last very long - at least that has been
my experience.

Nick C.

Hi to all,

Thanks

Pharaoh Of Egypt

Power Supply

If a simple 7805 and 7812 wouldn't work, what else do you recommand ?

A switched mode power supply (National Instruments LM2596) ? Som extra filters ?

Roel

78xx series always work stable.But their current capacity is not enough to power cd-rom.Build an original 78xx circuit and add power transistors.So you'll get necessary current.Never forget to attach all ics' and transistors to large coolers.There are tons of samples around me that they use similar circuits in their cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back