Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I want to build a: Low noise USB Car charger for a Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

gidimiz

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All.

I'm using my TYTN II to listen to radio when I have a long drive. The TYTN II is connect using a FM radio transmitter, with the USB converter.
The problem: When using the Internet, then battery drain is quite fast, especially if you are on the move and the radio signal is not that strong. I tried few USB chargers, and all of them have a DC ripple that effects that sound. When I don't use any charger, the sound on the radio is great, but when I connect the charger then I hear the noise of the alternator.
Partial solution: I have opened one of the chargers and installed a 22uH Inductor in series to the power. I have also increased the Cap. from 470uF to 100ouF. This helped but not the desired requirements.
Any one solved this problem? I will be glad to hear any inputs or ideas on how to solve this.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back