Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want pic programmer circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hii :p.
i want pic programmer circuit that use tx and rx . because i want to use usb to serial convertor pl2303 .

hii :p.
i want pic programmer circuit that use tx and rx . because i want to use usb to serial convertor pl2303 .

What did you mean under this ?

There is DIY PICKit2 programmer its USB programmer. What convertor you have in mind, and what RX and TX ?

If you mean on RS232 JDM programmer, he is serial programmer, but why you want to ride donkey if you can to ride horse?

Dont worry you will have chance to try that convertor in some other projects.

What did you mean under this ?

There is DIY PICKit2 programmer its USB programmer. What convertor you have in mind, and what RX and TX ?

If you mean on RS232 JDM programmer, he is serial programmer, but why you want to ride donkey if you can to ride horse?

Dont worry you will have chance to try that convertor in some other projects.

thank you
pickit2 use pic18f2550 and it's price 5$ and above.
usb to serial convertor chip about .5$ .
jdm circuit not work with usb to serial.

thank you
pickit2 use pic18f2550 and it's price 5$ and above.
usb to serial convertor chip about .5$ .
jdm circuit not work with usb to serial.

My friend who told you that dezinformation ?

You can use Google to search "JDM USB programmer".

Search EDABoard you can find JDM USB version.

Why you mention price in post #3 you didnt say nothing about price in thread question.

:wink:

See this existing EDABoard thread : (Post #11)

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/238522/

If you think its cheaper for you, You can make JDM programmer using USB if you want, why not.

Price is just one of factor, what do to with needs?
What if you need to program some uC which is not supported with JDM ? Then price rise...

What is price for PL2303 ? :???::roll:

PICKit2 Device Support List : **broken link removed**

PL2303 Circuit:

**broken link removed**

FT232 Circuit :

ft232-adapter-circuit-diagram.jpg

thank you for helping me :grin:

;-)

If you make PICKit2 Clone its cheaper in the long run, and you have better support of devices, as contrast to that You can make JDM if You need to program few devices. There is very simple programmer for particular devices such as PIC16F84, and its good if you need to program just that uC. See circuit:

Schematic.gif

;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in the beginning when I started dealing with a microcontrollers, I make lots of programmers, and at one point I realized I had a bunch of them, and that it's better to make one but valuable.

You should try to see if you can get the 18F2550. The PICKIT2 supports a lot of PICs - much more than you need. So, you can program most PICs with it (probably all you'll need). In the long run, it'll be better for you, especially if you'll be using a lot of PICs in the 12, 16, 18, 24, 30 and 33 series of PICs.

Status
Not open for further replies.