Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I use orcad CIS to create a library, mos.lib, but why I can't use it in Hspice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use orcad CIS to create a library, mos.lib, but why I can't use it in Hspice? And how to solve it?

Thanks guys~~~

The Orcad .lib files should work with Hspice, but you may need to edit it a bit such as the MOSFET LEVEL. We would need more information to help.

Keith

Hi, Keith, thanks for your reply~~~Since I download a file from **broken link removed** this website and I need to edit it and open it in Hspice, but now I can't, so I need your help~~

Thanks, Keith

I have tried a couple of different methods of downloading from that link and they both say the zip is corrupt (but my computing facilities are limited today). Searching for that device at the manufacturers site shows no Pspice model is available so I don't know what would be in the zip, but I doubt it is a Spice model. My guess is it will simply be a schematic symbol.

Keith

So could you give me some methods that makes a lib in orcad use in Hspice? for example, what I need to change or modify? And you say MOSFET LEVEL, so how to chage?

Thanks a lot, Keith~~ :)

I have managed to download the zip file now (I don't know why my phone and tablet didn't like it) and it is a valid model file. I have also found it on Fairchild's site. So, you should be able to convert it. Most information I can find is about converting Hspice to Pspice but it should help - see attached. The main thing to do is change the MOSFET LEVEL from 49 to 7. There may be other syntax differences which trip you up but if you change the LEVEL and run it you should then see if there are any other problems.

Keith

Attachments

• pspice.pdf
    8.7 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back