Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i require a low power oscillator circuit;pl suggest me

Status
Not open for further replies.

selecd

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
low power oscillator circuit

i require a low power (very less current consuming ) oscillator circuit

low power oscillator

Hi,

Please give some more info wrt the operating frequency, output power needed for your oscillator. Also if it should be a tunable or fix frequency etc because others here and me could help some more :?

There are several schematics on the web, if you do a google search, see for instance http://www.discovercircuits.com/PDF-FILES/500na0.pdf
which comes from URL http://www.discovercircuits.com/M/micropow.htm

As you may know when you go higher in frequency, the current consumption increases nearly linearly in CMOS/HCMOS integrated circuits. You can of course build low consumption oscillators with discrete bipolar transistor or JFETs.

So the question is how low your current consumption should be and at what supply voltage, what is the working frequency etc.

regards, unkarc

7555 astabil

Hi,

I require a low power oscillator with a switching frequency of 200Hz
& Power consumption of max 0.7mA.The suplly volatge is 20-30V DC.

Hi,

Beside Rauol's suggestion, you may use the well-known astabil multivibrator built from descrete bipolar transistors with 50-60V minimum collector-emitter breakdown voltage.
see such a page at **broken link removed** where you can consider your individual low collector currents and your frequency in the formulas given. It is sure that several Megaohm resistors will be involved. Of course you have to choose a suitable transistor type (the Vcemax of BC107 is 45V, maybe enough).

Another practical solution would be to use the low power circuits on their usually low voltage supply given in the earlier posts and use a low current descrete bipolar buffer amplifier run at your 20-30V supply at your uA collector current.

rgds, unkarc

Try searching for an injection locked oscillator architecture chip.
But for a starting point, this should be good.

**broken link removed**

Also check out www.minicircuits.com

Status
Not open for further replies.