Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I really need some help with my notebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice_Is_Loose

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
today i had dropped my eee pc 1005hab notebook on the ground, and when i turned it on
it was stuck on the loading screen. so later on I (foolishly) took out my memory module with my bare hands from the bottom of the notebook and placed back in, And now my notebook's screen is all black but the notebook turns on.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?

If the laptop is booting up, it might just be the screen.
Does it have a VGA plug? IF so, try plugging in a monitor. If that works
the laptop is good, you just need to find out what is wrong whether the monitor has a wire ripped out or it is broken.
If it is broken,the laptop is not worth fixing unless you get a used one for parts. (exactly the same model)

thanks for the reply. umm i plugged the VGA cable into my TV but nothing showed up, the laptop keeps turning on but thats about it.
p.s. do you think i should buy an led screen for the notebook, because i opened the notebook up and saw that no wire was ripped out (maybe broken but i cant tell).

sometimes if the memory is not plugged in securely, the PC will not boot. Try unplugging the memory and re-installing it.

but i've touched the memory with my bare hands, should i or is THERE a way to clean the memory module, because i've already put the memory back in its place once.

Status
Not open for further replies.