Not open for further replies.

adnan012

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I want to understand I/Q modulation and demodulation process. I want to module a 10MHz bit stream (each bit has 100 nsec duration). Bit stream is in the form of 0 and 1. I want to perform BPSK.

How can i convert it to i/q base-band? What is the significance of I/Q modulation and demodulation?

Regards

this technique is quite popularly used in bandpass modulation in Digital communication, you need to take a look at "Digital Communication book" (maybe chapter 4) from Prof. SKLAR first, then go further to mod/demo circuit later

BPSK doesn't involve quadrature modulation, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-shift_keying

In this case I/Q-modulation is overkill, but I think it can be used to create any modulation.
BPSK is easy to do, just set Q=0 and change I between +1 and -1 according to the data bits.
A more complex example is SSB, which is possible but not trivial to do with I/Q-modulation. The modulation signal must be transformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…