Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I/O pads and bi directional pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

carv_13

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bidirectional io pads

Can someone point me a tutorial as to how to use different types of IO pads and bidirectional pads in scan insertion?.

Thanks,
Aravind

wrt to the bi-dir pads, a mux has to be used to select between the i/p and the o/p ports

the select signal of the mux had to be "TEST ENABLE" signal so that when TEST EN = 1, then the the port as to act as an "input port" and the scan data has to enter the chip !!

i do not have ne material on this, but have worked on BI-DIR ports and scan insertion ... this is what i have done !!

need more help . lemme kno !

WBR
Lakshman

Does not using only the enable signal lead to a loss in test coverage of some combinational logic circuit in the design and that using the test mode signal along with the enable signal improves test coverage?. I am looking for some pictorial representation of IO and bidi pads to understand them better.

-Aravind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back