Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I/O expander microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.

asuncao

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
/i/o and microprocessor

i have a max7313 , 16 port i/o expander with led intensity control , to use in my rgb led project. i ve learned the process of i2c communication and i should know how i can use this i/o expander as a slave device. do i have to write a slave interrupt routine or driver for the device by myself?

i ve modified the extee example and used 2401.c file. and i ve written my driver code for max7313. when i was struggling with two pics communicating,i knew which step i was on, but now i dont know what happens inside the maxim.. master transmits the codes according to my readings of datasheet but nothing happens... max7313 stays at the initial power up configuration, outputs are hi-Z. what is hard is the maxim has more complex inside addressing than eeprom.

slave address+ command address(internal register address)+ data byte

that is the process for writing to maxim..
ithink i should swallow the datasheet ... again...

first of all the i2c is standard protocol so u need just to inter the parameter of it to ur comiler(this can be done directly or by writing functions in ur code according to the comiler u use).

u must check the adress of this slave chip according to AD1 and AD2 pins (see datasheet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back