Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need your OFDM simulator comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatulent

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Would people who have run OFDM simulations and compared the results to theory and also to the measured performance of hardware comment on the simulator they used and how happy they are with it.

Simulators I am curious about are:

1. mathematical programs like matlab

2. specialized low cost simulators like system view

3. expensive microwave simulators that include system simulation such as microwave office

We use the following:

Fisrt, simulate everything in matlab. then load the wave form from matlab to an arbitary wave form generator. Then plug in all RF hardwares and test EVM, BER with an vector signal analyzer. We used connectorized components (mini circuit) to obtain the RF parameters before we design the RF circuit. We have never tried the whole system simulation in a package such as ADS. If you have all necessery eqipment, I think that testing everying in real hardware is faster than doing the whole system simulation.

How do you define the block spec such as linearity and noise figure by the real
components? You can't adjust or change the performance of these circuits.
How to observe the RF impairment to the Baseband demodulaton and decide
the block spec by this measurement?

Thanks,

You can tweak those parameters on the simulation and buy the real components with the specification then sesign your own. Once you buy off the shelf components, you can test it block by block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back