Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need your help with a 8051's application

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiconductor

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is as below:

Using 8051 to control other devices by various way:
- directly
- Remote control (InfraRed)
- using PC
- using telephone network
- through LAN and Internet

If you have any recommendation or links related to this project, please help me!

Thank you beforehand!

Only one of the specs you post or all of them? For the LAN Connection, that is alreayd a very complex task, so be specific.

my dar friend what r u saying!
your requirements are so complax
i want to know that how much u have worked on 8C51 then i will suggest u what to do
ok

If you really need LAN, take a look at the Dallas DS80C400 from maxim - it has LAN and controlling firmware built in.

**broken link removed**

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

Yeah, exactly the last 2 tasks seem difficult. So at this time, ignore them. I want to concentrate on the first 3 tasks.

Control other devices directly is not difficult and I have already done one thing.

But Control other devices (i.e my table lamp, my TV, etc.) by using: AT89C51 + InfraRed or PC.

If you have any links or advices, please help me!

semiconductor said:
Yeah, exactly the last 2 tasks seem difficult. So at this time, ignore them. I want to concentrate on the first 3 tasks.

Control other devices directly is not difficult and I have already done one thing.

But Control other devices (i.e my table lamp, my TV, etc.) by using: AT89C51 + InfraRed or PC.

That is easy, if you want to use PC, then study Visual Basic or Visual C++, then study how to control your parallel port or serial ports, if too many devices to control, then multiplex the output.

Using 89C51, what are your inputs fo r the 89C51? Switches (mechanical) or IR (remote), then multiplex the output.

glenjoy said:
semiconductor said:

That is easy, if you want to use PC, then study Visual Basic or Visual C++, then study how to control your parallel port or serial ports, if too many devices to control, then multiplex the output.

Using 89C51, what are your inputs fo r the 89C51? Switches (mechanical) or IR (remote), then multiplex the output.

Can you introduce to me some links or free ebooks that help me control parallel or serial port using Visual C++ (I'm familiar with VC++ rather than VB).
Thank you in advance!

You can search google, marami sa internet help, at kailangan mo rin ng run times applications.

glenjoy said:
marami sa internet help, at kailangan mo rin ng run times applications.

What's this? it seems not belong to English style :D
I can do a search but it would takes me a lot of time. So if someone has experiences in this topic, please help me to shorten my time spending on it!

Thank you beforehand!

Status
Not open for further replies.