Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to solve this equation. IM1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc2

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to solve the equation of the figure. I need to obtain IM1 as a function of the others objects
Please help me, how can i solve this equation?, where can i solve it?

this is the equation of the figure
x=0.5*kp*(w/l)*((vdd-vo-av*((((x*r1+veb1)*r2a2)/(r2a1+r2a2+r1))-((veb2*r2b2)/(r2b1+r2b2)))-vt)^2)*(1+f*(vdd-(((r2a1+r2a2)*((x*r1)+veb1))/(r2a1+r2a2+r1))))

x=IM1, and f=λ ;

the symbolic objects of the equation are:
x kp w l vdd av r1 veb1 r2a2 r2a1 veb2 r2b2 r2b1 vt f vo

Is one equation

Help me

thanks

jc2 said:
I need to solve the equation of the figure. I need to obtain IM1 as a function of the others objects
Please help me, how can i solve this equation?, where can i solve it?

this is the equation of the figure
x=0.5*kp*(w/l)*((vdd-av*((((x*r1+veb1)*r2a2)/(r2a1+r2a2+r1))-((veb2*r2b2)/(r2b1+r2b2)))-vt)^2)*(1+f*(vdd-(((r2a1+r2a2)*((x*r1)+veb1))/(r2a1+r2a2+r1))))

x=IM1, and f=λ ;

the symbolic objects of the equation are:
x kp w l vdd av r1 veb1 r2a2 r2a1 veb2 r2b2 r2b1 vt f

Is one equation

Help me

thanks

There is software named FEMLAB for solving difficult equations though I personally don't know how to use it. But you can try that.

Hi jc2,

grouping terms, you get a 3rd order (cubic) equation in x.
This can be solved by standard methods.
Regards

Z

Hey,

Can u describe the problem clearly...to me it seems IM1 is already a function of Vdd,vt etc...

eda_freak: the equation that i showed is Im1 as a function of vt, vbe1, Im1, .......; but i do not want Im1 as a function of Im1; i want Im1 as a function of the other objects: vt, vbe1, vbe2, r1, r2a2, etc.......

bangash; how could i solve this equation in matlab?

thanks

do you mean that you want the other variables as a function IM1?? And you would like a program that could help you do it?? If so, the TI-89 calculator does some decent symbolic stuff (but you are using a ton of variables)... If you are really desperate and have no other options, you could spend half an hour typing in the whole equation in the home window using the 'solve' function like this:

solve(IC1=(1/2)Kn'(W/L)...., Vt)

In this case it would try to solve for Vt....I have done some crazy stuff using the TI89...it took forever for me to both type it in and for it to spit out an answer..nothing this bad, but it might just work.

Otherwise, MATLAB (much better suited for the job)...has some symbolic operations including something similar to the solve function in the TI-89...

Here is a link:

**broken link removed**

I have the student version of Matlab and the symbolic stuff seems to work. before you can do any solving you have to tell matlab that you want the variable in symbolic (verses vector) form....the link shows some examples

Good luck and hope this helps.

doucadio and bangash; i tried to solve this equation with matlab (solve), but i couldn't;

please help me,

say to me how to solve this equation and if you want to solve it i would thank you .................

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back