Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to frequency meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdulbaki_sahin

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icm7226

I need to make frequency meter in 8051....I must use LCD

thanks a lot

www.efymag.com

AN #35 - Low cost LCD frequency meter
Modified by Tomi - MCS Electronics
by K.S.Sankar - Mostek Electronics ( www.mostek.biz )
Originaly published in ELECTRONICS FOR YOU magazine ( INDIA - W W W . E F Y M A G . C O M ) Frequency meters have always been expensive tools for the average hobbyists. Now, with microcontrollers and liquid-crystal displays (LCDs) having become very economical and popular, it is possible to build a compact and low-cost LCDbased frequency meter that can measure up to 250 kHz.
A sample photo of the LCD module is shown in Fig. 1. These modules are available in 14- and 16-pin configurations.
The 16-pin module has a backlight option. Popular brands are Lampex and Hantronix. Note the pin numbers before soldering to the circuit. In this project, the LCD module used is Lampex LM16200 with 16 alphanumeric characters and two lines with backlight option. Pin details of this module are given in Table I. A
functional diagram of the module is shown in Fig. 2. However, you may use any branded or unbranded 2-line, 16-character LCD module for this project. The 10k potentiometer, which controls the contrast of the LCD module, works best when its wiper contact is nearer to ground potential.

https://www.mcselec.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=169&Itemid=57

Regards,
IanP

w w w . e f y m a g . c o m

hi,

I need what the techniques used in the frequency stability?

Suppose there two same frequency coming from two different source. The source A and B. Both are having isolated reference.

what are general methods used to synchronise these two sources? and how the stabilty is maintained? what are merits and demerits of each methods?

regards,
Sp_harikrish

abdulbaki_sahin said:
I need to make frequency meter in 8051....I must use LCD

thanks a lot

efymag projects

Hi abdulbaki_sahin
I want to introduce you this nice frequency meter
http://www.piclist.com/techref/piclist/weedfreq.htm
I build to myself and i've very surpprised on it. Device working very stable and the illustrated frequincy is correct.

I think that i'll help to you

Best regards Linoko

www.electronics for u.efymag.com

Look this:

icm7226 price

PIC freq. LCD

frequency counter with icm7226

Now, I also want to develop the frequency meter. But very simple one. Please give me some guidelines to do that. Also tell me that which microcontroller should i use.

icm7226 replacement

Look this following datasheet :
ICM7226
Sincerely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back