Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to Design An 30v to 3.3V power Supply that doesnt heat to much

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucho1045

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need to design an 30v to 3.3V power supply with 2A output currente that doesnt heat to much because it could affect other components like a uController. I just need you tell me what to read or which IC could I use or anything that you know, Really apreciated.

Last edited:

simple design using texas instrument web site ti.com :

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Answer: Switch-Mode Power Supply (SMPS). However, be aware that with a switching power supply, you'll need to be careful to filter off the ripple, switching frequency and additional noise... very different beast from a linear voltage regulator.

Check out TI, National Semi, etc. Try the National WEBENCH online app to see if they have a device that fits your needs (it'll design the circuit for you, and give you a BOM).

V

May be is useful something looks like that

(last image - signal from gate).

V

Thanks Kripton2035, Enjunear and DeepOne for your answers I'm checking them out I'll give you the points as soon as I figure out what to do with the power supply.

Linear Technologies has some good solutions...LTspice is also a easy to use simulator they have with all their components in there....or at least a whole lot of them. I believe heat could be reduced with heat sinks, lower frequency, larger components.

Status
Not open for further replies.