Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need to design a counter help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaSo5

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I designed a counter with j-k flip flop and even d-flip flop but both didn't work and i don't know why? , and i need them for my project which is digital clock so any one can help me?

I need a counter which counts from 0 to 9

Well its quiet easy

firstly convert a JK FF CD4047 to toggle mode by shorting J K inputs to Vcc, D FF can be in toggle mode by shorting Q Bar output to D input. For a decade counter you will need 4 toggle FF JK or D.

LSB FF will be given direct clock. Second most LSB FF will have clock i,e AND of original clock & LSB clock. Next bit FF has clock AND of two LSBs and original clock. MSB has clock AND of remaining 3 previous bits and original clock. 4 bit output should be ANDed for high output with 1010 input. Output of AND is given to reset of all the FF.

there are some Ics that are already a counter them selves u should just bias the you dont need to design one

If you show us your schematic and describe the malfunction more clearly, someone here can probably help you debug it.

I suggest that instead of searching for help just check out your circuit and first understand the function that is being done by the counter in theory and by schematics. your problem is one of the elementry problems dont warry if your a amature

Why dont you use decade counter like 7490. it is a ring counter that counts 0-9. If you want to stick with your original design send me your schematic and I will try to solve your problem.

electronicwizard(at)gmail.com

you can send me your circuit,mybe I could find your prob!

What are you counting ? and what is the signal your trying to count

Why not a a small pic to do the job for you and you could display is on LCD or 7SEgment LEDS or even a row of LEDS

wizpic

hey i guess it should work....digital clock...so u need 0-9 mod counter and 0-6mod counter....the ckt. for a counter can be obtained easily....just use NAND gate to get the mod counter

i think i can help you if you tell me how you want the circuit works or how you want it to be work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back