Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some help with this circuit please

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorenzo_99

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I found this schematic which I require to build for MSU programming.
Although I am quite interested in electronics as a hobby, I am by no means an expert on the subject, and this is by far the most complex circuit I have attempted to build.

Transferring the schematic to trackboard I found to be particularly complex, and I just wanted to clarify whether or not the trackboard layout shown below for the schematic (also below) would work.

There are also a few other questions I have regarding this subject, firstly regarding the schematic, I have circled two areas in red which I am not sure about their meaning, and how they would be duplicated on the trackboard design if needs be.

Secondly, I was wondering about the power source for this circuit, and whether or not it could somehow be derived from the serial port, and if so which pins to draw from.

Finally, the programming of the MSU chip would require direct soldering onto the pins of the chip itself, which I have heard is possible and is done all the time, but I was wondering if this would require a lower wattage soldering iron (say 15W) along with reduced contact time, or would these precautions still leave a risk of burning the chip.

the schematic:

the trackboard layout:

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Hello,

I think, as far as possible, a device shouldn't be soldered to a programmer, you rather would use a socket.

You probably have particular reasons to use this old-fashion processor with high voltage programming Todays processors can be programmed in circuit with normal supply voltage.

You were asking regarding the encircled drawing details. They don't mean too much, just "informational" circuit ground symbols, not actually symbolizing an additional connection, cause the two circuit terminals are already connected by a wire in schematic.

Power supply is as written 12V, or could bey 11 to 15v, mainly limited by the voltage regulators power capacity.This supply can't be received from RS232 port with sufficient current, thus a small AC-adaptor is necessary.

Regards,
Frank

lorenzo_99

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok thanks for the help, for the power supply, I have one of those small batteries (27A, 12v) would that do?

also, how does the trackboard layout look in comparison with the schematic? does it look like it will work without blowing up?:|

This battery is more then sufficient to run this projects for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back