Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need some document about Current Transformer~~PLS HELP~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZengLei

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
A project must use Current Transformer,but i seldom used CT before,i know little about it,so i want to learn some basic knowledge of CT,WOULD someone pls offer some materials about Ct,thanks~~~~~~~~~~

Re: I need some document about Current Transformer~~PLS HELP

This is the book you need, there is 1 chapter dedicated to CT.

hi dear,

check the attached file

Dear Member

Please see the diagram-

1. Make sure that ALL the CT's (if you use 2 or 3) is in the same direction (Arrow on CT will indicate current flow)
2. Do not disconnect CT when the circuit is alive!!!!
3. Always earth one end of the CT.
4. The connections on the CT's itself must be exactly the same for each CT (if you use 2 or 3) Example-RED wire on A1 & Black wire on A2.
6. In this example -For each 20 Amp going through the main wire 1 Amp will go through the meter. (Depends on the Ratio-100/5;200/5 etc ratio)
7. You get different types of CT's-if you want to use it for metering purposes you must specify METERiNG CT's.

Regards
Johan

Here's some info on the Pearson style broadband current transformer with 50-ohm output impedance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back