Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need software scan virus on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmini706

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need install software. Soft scan and antivirus on linux

I think linux doesn't need an antivirus since it will never run executable files without the permission of root.

you can have a look to comodo. They offer a free Linux sw. For Linux there are not much virus on the road. Are you looking for Antivirus Program running on a linux file server ?

I had gone through the posts. I too searching for the best software which is as free of cost. My friend suggested me some of the software's which are as free of cost but those are not offering good features. If anyone had an experience with any software, Please share those details. Any kind of information is greatly accepted at any movement.

you can use eset. it has a version for linux desktop.

In linux, we do not need anti virus software, do not give the files root permissions that you do not believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.