Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
I want information about programming flash not a programmer
What I need is only the information about the memories programming spécification. I need it for 8051 from Atmel , Dalas, phillips . I have found the datasheet for microchip very esaly but I have some dificulties to find the information for the 8051.
On this forum are many nice guys able to help you, no doubt about that.
But you must ask properly.
Hi guys ! I need information about programming specification of XXXXX from Atmel (i.e.) and I'm unable to find it on manufacturer site, even under NDA.
Or: I found the specification, but something it's not working as stated in reference.
You won't get any help as long as you pointing to general 8051 and not specific one.
Otherwise, I think you're too lazy to search on manufacturers web sites.
Are plenty of information out there.
i.e. for 89C420 from Dallas referenced above by Zenner, you can find parallel programming specification on data sheet on pages 18-19 if you don't like IAP programming and want to stick the micro in your programmer.
1) The DS89C420 is powered up and running at a clock speed between 4MHz and 6MHz.
2) Set RST = EA = 1 and PSEN = 0.
3) Apply the appropriate logic combination to pins P2.6, P2.7, P3.6, and P3.7 to select one of the flash
instructions shown in Table 8.
- For program operation, apply the desired address to pins P1.7:0 and P2.5:0. Data is written to
- For verify operation, apply the desired address to pins P1.7:0 and P2.5:0. Data is read at port 0.
4) Pulse ALE/ PROG once to perform an erase/program operation.
5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 as necessary.
Here is the link for data sheet found on manufacturer web site. It's so simple to search.
That what I want, I have pass some hours on the net for searching application note for the programmation spécification, like Microchip. I have not made a research inside the Databook of the micro.I was thinking that the information is in another specsheet. Thanks for all of you.