Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with understanding Xilinx tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

mharries

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ISE vs Quartus

i'm a quartus user. Recently, i have to use xilinx tool to synthesize and simulate. but, i'm really confused because there's a lot of thing i didn't know about xilinx tools.

Re: ISE vs Quartus

Hello,

as a general difference, Xlilinx ISE has been assembled from several OEM tools, the same e. g. with Lattice. Thus operation isn't as covenient as you're probably used to with Quartus. But don't panic! It's basically understandable, they have help files, examples, tutorials and such. As far as no particular device resources are involved, you can also perform HDL syntax check and functional simulation in Quartus.

Regards,
Frank

Re: ISE vs Quartus

XIlinx is a powerful FPGA Design tool if compare to ALTERA. If you're expert/advanced FPGA designer, most probably you wil think Xilinx is no.1 compare to ALTERA because you have more control on your design and PlanAhead is actually a good Place & Route tool where it provide the best routing for you if you master it...

I vote Xilinx No.1 in FPGA design market...

ISE vs qu(at)rtus

i'm agree with you cj007 and technically, i'm not an expert user. i just familiar with quartus.. do you familiar with xilinx tools? can you help me?

ISE vs qu(at)rtus

Quartus syntheize tool is giving very close result as Synplicity

Altera design constrain using *.SDC format (which is standard de-facto in ASIC industry) which means when you constraining your FPGA you taken trace delays on PCB in consideration, not like Xilinx when you have take timing report and incorporated in PCB

from code changes to FPGA only two mouse clicks in Altera, Xilinx way more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back