Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help with Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorbrian

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
error (osshnl-116)

Hello,

I am trying to create a Standar Cell library in Cadence. To complete that, I am following a Standard Cell Tutorial of the Mississipi State University and Dallas Semiconductor. The tutorial tells that as soon as I build the layout, I need to do the DRC verification. After,. the next step is the extraction of the circuit. Then we have to extract the HSPICE Netlist, but we have had problems with that designing an inverter file. The log file has the following error:

ERROR (OSSHNL-116): Unable to descend into any of the views defined in the view list, 'hspice cmos_sch schematic', for the
instance '+1' in cell 'inverter'. Either add one of these views to the library 'NCSU_Analog_Parts',
cell 'pmos4' or modify the view list to contain an existing view.

This is the liink where is the Standard Cells tutorial:
www.hpc.msstate.edu/mpl/education/cadence/standard_cell/files/standard_cell.ppt

I appreciate your help. Thanks

cadence simrc hspice view list

the problem is that u have a cell view with a different name than hspice or cmos_sch or schematic so the netlister cannot export the schematic netlist , to solve this either rename ur view to be one of the three views or add the view name in the netlister options

error osshnl

Hello, Thanks for your help but I don´t know where are the netlister options to add or rename my views. I will appreciate your help.

cadence hpc

try .simrc file and search for it on cadence sourcelink site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back