Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need help on this project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

olanre

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to be able to bring to boil by electronic means small quantity of water in which two tiny electrodes (positive electrode and negative) electrode is immersed.
I think if high frequency current is passed through the electrodes it should bring the water to boil. Can anyone assist me with suitable oscillator schematics for this project?

olanre,

Why not to use a low cost pump, like those used at car front-window cleaner ?

+++

Why not to use a low cost pump, like those used at car front-window cleaner ?

Will this "pump and tubing handle the temperature of 100C?" Normally the car window washer is made of plastic, and not designed for high temperatures. What is the volume? Will a hot plate in an electric aluminum coffer maker work? Of coures you need to control the volume of water flow, hitting the hot plate, and extract it from the bottom. Just a suggesstion?

Using electrodes, the water or (electrolite needs to be conductive) to produce current flow. Are there minerals in the water to make it conductive? Can you provide more details?

if i am not mistaken, semiconductor manufacturers use RF coil to melt silicon dioxide. The RF coil does not even contact the silicon dioxide and the temperature reaches 1200 degree celcius. In other words, radio frequency actually 'boil' the silicon dioxide crucibles. U can research on the RF coil.

Hope it helps. Thanks and good luck for your future undertakings!

Use IC LM3524 for your required Oscillator. use 50% duty cycle. (circuit or application note can easily search on the net)

Regards

(Remember to press the help me button. Thanks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back