Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] I need help in ADS 2009 simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

microwave_1960

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I made filter simulation in ADS 2009 schematic. It goes OK, and the results are correct. Then I wanted to make layout simulation, I used "Generate/Upadate layout" option but the results are completely wrong. Can anybody help me?

In attachment I gave you this project.

Attachments

• filter.zip
    460 KB · Views: 111

Hello,

I think you need to add the capacitors and inductors?????

In the layout you are correctly simulating the layout but remember there is no components.

To do this you have to place an internal port where you have a component terminal. Then you can make a layout component to be used in schematic. There it is possible to place capacitors and inductors.

You also need to add the vias in layout...

Regards

Thank you very much for advice. I'm newbie with ADS. I'll try to do this, thanks again.

Here tyassin is talking about cosim feature with ADS provides.... place the internal ports and then generate the layout component of the layout.. place it in different schematic and then place the L and C components to do a co-simulation.

Also you can use non linear demokit kept at "<ADS Installation directory>/examples/design_Kit". If you want capacitors and inductors in layout also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back