Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i need help about timer counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeTRoX

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to make simple project.i want to make timer counter.
but only five minute.five minute later counter is stop.
when i press button counter is starting..
5 minute later, automatic alarm and i press button again and stop sound.
or automatic stop (1 minute sound)

yes how is making it?

i want schematic and pcb file..

SeTRoX
from GWPTEAM
**broken link removed**

Very easy to implement it using FPGA or CPLD.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Ok Friend use this

Hi,

This timer is based on pic with key pad data entery lot of good features

read the asm file all information are at the top how to make a circuit for this timer, with user guide

regards
Fragrance

i want cheap design. yes pic is good choose.but i dont understand asm code. :( and how is create schematic?

I can help you

SeTRoX said:
i want cheap design. yes pic is good choose.but i dont understand asm code. :( and how is create schematic?

As i told you this asm file is bug free and hundred % working all detial are at the start of asm file how to make circuit for it if you donot understand then i will make schematic for you in proteus

regards
Fragrance

u can also do it using an atmel 8051 microcontroller, it will be cheap using the internal counter of the microcontroller. if u don't understand asm code then don't wory u can use c++ to program that

Dear Gauiver,
Perhaps you can help me:
I have just realized a Clock and timer with AT89C2051
in fact it is a clock and a downcounter and other little features.
(the display is on 6 seven-segments led display using MAX7219)
in fact I have realized the downcounter routine using a delay of
1s; Would their not be a clever way to count the seconds I speak
with the timer0 of with the DS1307 RTC that is attached to the µC?
Would you have any examples?
A+
MB.
gauiver said:
u can also do it using an atmel 8051 microcontroller, it will be cheap using the internal counter of the microcontroller. if u don't understand asm code then don't wory u can use c++ to program that

Hi Benoit,

Because I didn't understand too much from your question "Would their not be a clever way to count the seconds I speak
with the timer0 of with the DS1307 RTC that is attached to the µC? "
, I presume you are more concerned to the accuracy of the clock.
The DS1307 specification clearly stated as ±2 minutes/month at 25°C .

Choosen between DS1307 and delay done on timer 0 basis, it's dependent upon your application's requirement. Bear in mind that DS1307 RTC it's not a nice option due to lack of interrupt request feature, like DS12887 i.e.
You'll need to poll the DS1307 through SDA and SCL lines in the main program loop, in order to know when the time elapses. You can find an example here **broken link removed**
If you need timer activity even during power supply fail, DS1307 could be a good solution because has a built-in power sense circuit that detects power failures and automatically switches to the battery supply.
That won't be too easy to achieve using delay on timer 0 basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back