Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a suitable topic for research on antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nellins66

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone< feels good to be here.
I need to do a research on MICROSTRIP PATCH ANTENNAS, so i need a suitable area i should focus on, in order to improve on the latest inventions. was considering increase in bandwidth but i dont know how to go about it. I need ideas please. i need to put up a proposal as soon as possible (friday).
Thanks

Try to adjust diversity of patch split antenna with tuning diode and optimize SNR on receiver using RSSI then adjust diversity when signal drops below -75dBi. THis is a common problem with Rice Fading. There is a free program which displays SNR in real time on a graph for selected WiFi node. You can search for this.

was considering increase in bandwidth but i dont know how to go about it. I need ideas please.

Ultra-wide band, multiband, and compact antennas are topics of interest since some time.
There is a lot of publications about "how to" with microstrip patch antennas.
Are you necessarily limited to microstrip patches?

Z

thanks so much pals. i seem torn between ultra-wide band and compact antennas. i just advice on which one to go for, its advantages and the requirements. thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back