Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need a 38,931,841 Hz and A 38,962,532 Hz transmitter(s), any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CP117

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all, I come to you with a long standing issue that has been holding back the completion of a specific device of my own design that will allow for the direct manipulation of an atom's respective proton, neutron, and electron counts. This device however requires (for full functionality) a full electromagnetic spectrum emitting "transducer" that emits all waveforms from the lowest singular Hz up to light waves. What I am seeking help with however is product recommendations for an emitter that can transmit all frequencies between 38 MHz and 40 MHz the high range can go higher than 40 MHz. For my specific immediate needs only an emitter that can be tuned by the single Hz, between the ranges of 38 - 40 MHz is currently needed. Please note that I am a layman regarding the specialty pieces needed regarding the waveform inputs of the device so my apologies if this is a stupid question, Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Last edited:

Look up 'DDS' devices, you should find something suitable at low cost. They need to be programmed to produce specific frequencies but its a trivial task for an MCU.

Brian.

Reactions: CP117

CP117

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Check the DDS datasheet for resolution at that frequency, your DDS clocking rate for
1 Hz resolution at 33 Mhz probably in 1 Ghz area.

Regards, Dana.

CP117

DDS frequency resolution doesn't depend on clock frequency rather than phase accumulator width, I think. Besides DDS, one would consider a classical frequency synthesizer generator.

The term "emitter" is rather untechnical. In engineering terms, we would ask about RF power and antenna/coupler properties respectively intended E and H field strength. To me, the question sounds more like a Sci-fi idea than a technical project.

CP117

1617111330875.png

The general output equation of a DDS (Equation 3) can be also used to calculate its minimum frequency (FTW = 1). For example, a 24 MHz DDS with a 32‑bit phase accumulator can create a sine wave with a minimum frequency of about 5.6 mHz. This is also the frequency resolution of the DDS. All higher frequencies are integral multiples of this value.

Its both the Fclk and phase accumulator width.

Regards, Dana.

Reactions: psoc77

CP117

if you need a 1 Hz resolution...what sort of STABILITY do you also need? If you tune it to a certain frequency, in 1 Hz steps, but it is say 5 Hz off in accuracy, is that ok. OR you tune it to one frequency, it is working, but a minute later it drifts 10 Hz, is that a problem?

CP117

Look up 'DDS' devices, you should find something suitable at low cost. They need to be programmed to produce specific frequencies but its a trivial task for an MCU.

Brian.
Thankyou Brian, I took a look at some DDS devices and they seem to be perfectly suited for what I am attempting. would you have any brand recommendations that are good for frequency stability or is frequency drift not so much an issue with these devices?
--- Updated ---

Check the DDS datasheet for resolution at that frequency, your DDS clocking rate for
1 Hz resolution at 33 Mhz probably in 1 Ghz area.

Regards, Dana.
Thankyou for your assistance Dana. which data sheet would be a good place to star though? there seems to be quite a few.

Last edited:

Here -

1617469470786.png

So take the equation, solve for Fclk, and set table for tuning word width and min freq out
(your desired freq). That will narrow down the selections. Note the tuning word width is
the exponent of the denominator term in above equation.

Regards, Dana.

CP117

Freq stability is a direct f() of the external clock frequency you give it.
So your clock source is responsible for this, eg. you clock oscillator
module.

FOX, Abracon, lots of suppliers, maybe focus on TXCO parts.

Regards, Dana.

CP117

DDS frequency resolution doesn't depend on clock frequency rather than phase accumulator width, I think. Besides DDS, one would consider a classical frequency synthesizer generator.

The term "emitter" is rather untechnical. In engineering terms, we would ask about RF power and antenna/coupler properties respectively intended E and H field strength. To me, the question sounds more like a Sci-fi idea than a technical project.

Thankyou for your help FvM, and yes your assessment is fairly accurate when you said it sounded "sci-fi"; it is an attempt at a technology that really shouldn't be around for another hundred years or so but I have an idea so I figured why not go for it ya know? Also I am a layman at best when it comes to the specific technological pieces needed to make the whole device. The whole process is based off of combined, sequential bombardment of the base material (say copper for example) with direct, electrical input, specific mega sonic waveform frequencies, heating and cooling treatments that are influenced by the target material that you are trying to achieve from the base material, specifically frequencies alternating magnetic field, and (depending on your geographic location) additional proton, neutron, and (possibly) a specifically negatively charged ion field input.

if you need a 1 Hz resolution...what sort of STABILITY do you also need? If you tune it to a certain frequency, in 1 Hz steps, but it is say 5 Hz off in accuracy, is that ok. OR you tune it to one frequency, it is working, but a minute later it drifts 10 Hz, is that a problem?

Stability is key for this operation, Is it possible to completely eliminate frequency drift? I have been playing around with a sort of sequenced array system to compensate and keep the frequency that is hitting the base material so that it remains exactly at the number it must be. Does this sound viable to you?

Stability is key for this operation, Is it possible to completely eliminate frequency drift? I have been playing around with a sort of sequenced array system to compensate and keep the frequency that is hitting the base material so that it remains exactly at the number it must be. Does this sound viable to you?
Ok, that might have been an important thing to state BEFORE everyone commented.

first, you might need a rubidium atomic clock.

here is one:
there are plenty of other ones. Use this as the clock input to the DDS frequency synthesizer. the idea is to make the clock reference super stable, so it ignores power supply voltage ripple and temperature changes. then let the DDS form the output frequency by a mathematical equation that stays rigid in frequency.

Next, i would figure out the programming of the DDS to see if it has a stable frequency output.
Next, i would look into the exact programming of the DDS. A lot of vendors give you a look into the various registers that make up the output frequency. You would want to choose a set of register values where there is NO PHASE DITHERING to create the exact frequency. Fractional N PLL chips used dithering to make up some of the output frequencies, so you can not use those. But you would want a DDS that is programmed to be the exact output without and phase modulation trickery involved.

here is a paper that talks about phase ripple which shows up as unwanted spurs at the output:

CP117

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back