Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have two problems about PLD. Please help me. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazonite

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!
I have a pal22v10 in a circuit board. Can I read it's code to write another?
And how can I coding Program into PLD. I use PALASM V1.5 before.
But it must use in DOS. My system is WinXP. What Complier can I use in
windows system to coding PAL. thank your help.

Best Regards

amazonite said:
hello!
I have a pal22v10 in a circuit board. Can I read it's code to write another?

you can't read it back if the security fuses are blown. Try it - if you are reading bullshit (all 0s or all 1s) then it's protected and can't be copied

Mik

P.S.: i also use old DOS software for GALs but i heard of software for CPLDs/FPGAs also capable of compiling GAL code (can't remember: Xilinx or Altera .....)

Amazonite,

Windows XP is able to a run wide range of applications and to run them, in an environment that emulates that of an earlier operating system, such as Windows 95 or DOS. This feature, known as the Program Compatibility Mode, ensures that a program specifically written for an earlier operating system will most likely run on Windows XP.

svicent

As i know from practice, neither of Windows OS give you direct access to communication resources, as it was with MS-DOS. Some programs can (or may) get access to low-level registers, such as I/O registers of LPT or COM, via emulation of ones on Win95, Win98 or WinME. But, on NT-based OS, lilke NT or XP, you will not gain access to LPT and COM registers at all.
Probably, your programmer need such access to perform operations.
So, you're right, you have three ways, use mustdie OSes, or DOS session, or change a programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back