Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have the following questions:

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwer_sbh

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why -48v is given to basetranscieverstation

I have the following questions:
1- The meaning of Abis-interface>
2- What the types of the numbers stored in the SIM card(How many numbers stored)?
3- If the my mobile is stolen, can the mobile network khnow that my mobile is stolen?

Simple and straight answers are
1.Abis is a standardized, open interface with 16 kbit/s user channels.it is usually used for communication between BSC base station controller and BTS base transciever station.
2.The SIM card contains the International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) used to identify the subscriber to the system, a secret key for authentication, and other information. This is usually unique combination of 15 digits that are further distributted for country,encryption and security.
3.Mobile network keeps in touch with every ME or mobile equipment and security is mantained by IMSI
but it does not by itself probes into that a mobile is stolen, if any one gives its SIM security number at BSC, then the mobile can be jammed.
<<<something is better than nothing>>>::D
[/img]

i think only if u report it to the carrier.
otherwise who konws

hi
first question:
Abis Interface
The interface within the GSM architecture, between the BTS (Base Transceiver Station) and BSC (Base Station Controller). This interface is usually configured using a 16Kbps slot structure.

3) Yes, u should inform them that ur mobile set is stolen, so they can block the IMSI(International Mobile Subscriber Identity) of that mobile set and they can either track it RELATIVELY.

Salut all
1)the answer to this was given in a reply above

2)there is a number called IMSI (International Mobile Subscriber Identity) & another number called KI (identification key) which both are used in security & authentication also there is a random number generator. how many else exists actually i dunno if there is another numbers

3)there is a serial number on the Mobile equipment is called IMEI which is stored also in the EIR ( equipment identity register) & there are 3 lists stored in it
white list : the Mobile equipment is functioning well
grey list : the mobile may be needs some maintenance ie not functioning well
black list : the mobile is stolen & hence is forbiden to access the network
so when a mobile is reported stolen they send its IMEI to the EIR & put it in grey list to avoid it from accessing the network

wish i made it clear for u ..chao

plz anybody would tell that what does this Abis stands for or what does it mean in a normal language...i have googled alot but couldn't find the appropriate meaning....i can understand its purpose in GSM architecture.....

Status
Not open for further replies.