Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have small wireless computer netwrk, one of the computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwer_sbh

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have small wireless computer netwrk, one of the computer is server (windows server2003). there is intranet with a page titled (comdept.com) with an IP address (10.20.21.21), all the necessary windows components installed (IIS, DNS). but when the server is shutdown and turn on the page titled (comdept.com) cannot be opened, instead you must type the IP address to open the same page.
please help me to solve the problem.

Re: I have small wireless computer netwrk, one of the comput

Sounds like you’re running DNS on the server, since the intranet DNS is only relevant on the 10.0.0.0 subnet when the server is shut down there is no server to answer the DNS request. However browsing by IP would work because your by-passing a DNS request, also your web browsing would not be impaired as the web DNS server would be external to your subnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.