Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have problem on communition to serial port...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phongphanp

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I had try to run by software of TI that use serial port to connect my laptop to board DSP TMS320C50 but no serial port in my laptop , so the program be wanted to change serial port command to redirect to USB port , TSR manager or be transformer agent(driver) in windows xp .

Could anyone help to post source code and exactable files for correct serial connecttion to USB fotmat in realtime?

Thanks in Advance,
Phongphan Porana
Student at Kmitl in Thailand.
phongphanp@yahoo.com

One solution would be to obtain a usb to serial converter lead. You can pick them up quite cheaply. They come with drivers so that the usb port appears as a normal serial COM port, and you can use the existing software.

- How about programming for this job? (Need soure code to study)

- Do you think that software method be stable for various equipment manufacturers and a long time usage ?

To make sure, I think the microcontroller must be use to adapt something like power supply for this two system , all signal paths in peripheral device to against attack by hacker or any other causes.

Sure, your answer is easy but for facility in furture , I think the corperated hardware design and programming may take up to be considered.

I don't know that TI.com have support for this requirement or not.

Good Lux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back