Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have gone to raycom website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactus_studio

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
It seems RC7210 is a good chip of Ethenet to 4*E1 bridges. BUt I can't download its datasheet. :(
But I still have a questions to my_garden and other people:
when I make an ethernet to E1 bridge, do I have to unpack IP packets? My original thoughts is I can only deal with Ethernet frame and leave inside IP packets unchanged. Am I right?
In RC7210, it use 4*E1 to accommodate one Ethernet traffic and it seems this chip does nothing about speed adaption. It just receive MAC frame and process them , and then transmit them . If E1 capacity is overflow , the chip just discard those packets . and the job of rate adaption and error checking is leaving to upper protocols. Am I right?

Hi cactus,
I think if you unpack IP packet, it will work more economic. And in one 10M to one E1, this is very important! Right?
For RC7210, I don't know clear. I will see it.
Glade to discuss with you

cactus_studio said:
It seems RC7210 is a good chip of Ethenet to 4*E1 bridges. BUt I can't download its datasheet. :(
But I still have a questions to my_garden and other people:
when I make an ethernet to E1 bridge, do I have to unpack IP packets? My original thoughts is I can only deal with Ethernet frame and leave inside IP packets unchanged. Am I right?
In RC7210, it use 4*E1 to accommodate one Ethernet traffic and it seems this chip does nothing about speed adaption. It just receive MAC frame and process them , and then transmit them . If E1 capacity is overflow , the chip just discard those packets . and the job of rate adaption and error checking is leaving to upper protocols. Am I right?
I just got the datasheet of RC7210, but in Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back