Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I have a small doubt... regarding some grammar in a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

purifier

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
conversion

What does the following mean?

"Design a conversion circuit to convert T flip flop to J-K Flip Flop."

Can someone provide me a rough solution to this??

I know all the state table stuff but i want to know what the question actually means... Please help...

regarding to grammar

purifier,
It means that you need to design a "front end" logic circuit to the "T" flip-flop that has 4 inputs, J, K, input clock, "T" flip flop output. The circuit will have 1 output; the clock output that goes to the clock input to the "T" flip flop. You need to design the circuit so that at an input clock transition, you will either provide a clock output pulse to the "T" flip-flop or not, depending on whether a change of state of the "T" flip flop is required in order to make it behave like a J-K flip-flop.
~
For example:
The "T" flip-flop is in the "1" state
J = 1, K = 0. The required next state of the "T" flip-flop is "1". The "T" flip-flop is already in the "1" state, so you would not provide a clock input to the "T" for this input state.
Regards,
Kral

purifier

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
convert t flip-flop to jk flip-flop

Thank you very much. So does it mean that i'll have to design the circuit after getting J and K in terms of T, Qn and Qn'? Sorry if it is a silly doubt but its been bothering me for quite a while...

t flip-flop to jk flip-flop

purifier,
~
J K T Clkout Comment
0 0 0 0 This is the "No Change" state for the J-K FF, so no toggle
0 0 1 0 This is the "No Change" state for the J-K FF, so no toggle
0 1 0 0 This is the "0" state for JK, but T is already "0", no toggle
0 1 1 1 This is the "0" state for JK, but T is "1" so toggle it
1 0 0 1 This is the "1" state for JK, but "T" is 0 so toggle it
1 0 1 0 This is the "1' state for JK, but "T" is already 1, so no toggle
1 1 0 1 This is the "toggle" sate for JK, so toggle the "T"
1 1 1 1 This is the "toggle" sate for JK, so toggle the "T"
~
Notice that for the 1st 2 states, and the last 2 states the "T" state is a "Don't Care". This can be used to your advantage in simplifying the logic design of the "front-end".
~
Regards,
Kral

Re: I have a small doubt... regarding some grammar in a ques

you have to convert the circuit in t flip flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back