Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I got a strange KS0108B based GLCD (128x64)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adelsmud

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I got a strange GLCD?

Hi, I recently bought a KS0108B based GLCD (128x64) I got it working today by for some reason it displays everything back to front. Basically it starts displaying from 63rd to 0th position for both sides of the display. I thought it should always be left to right? Can anyone please help me? I am using PIC16F84A and the chip select pins one and two are active low. Is it possible to get hold of sample code in assembly as i am most familiar with that. Thanks in advance !

Re: I got a strange GLCD?

Hi,

Try changing the LCD, I have one that behaves strangely on the last column (col 63) of both sides, but My other LCD modules work fine with the same code.

--amk
www•digisoft•com•pk

Re: I got a strange GLCD?

Hi thanks for your reply, it appears that I may have had the lcd upside down this whole time! since every feature was working opposite the way it was supposed to. I allways assumed the connector pins to be at the bottom like the character lcd i had but in this case the pins are actually ment to be at the top of the lcd and the touch screen wire comming out the right side not left. Anyway I really appreciate yor help. Thanks

I got a strange KS0108B based GLCD (128x64) also

i use JHD12864E Graphic LCD interface with pic18f4420 , but i have a strange phenomna , i have my (0,0) point at 63H address ,
kindly advise is it the problem of LCD itself (but i try 2 LCDs)? or how to adjust the reference point to left upper side.
iam using MicroC S/W.

wait your reply
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.