Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I get error message when I simulate circuit in Orcad using transient around 300ms

Status
Not open for further replies.

eletmoraes

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After I build a circuit in Orcad, when I simulate get the following message:
The RPC server is unavailable

Usually the transient time is over of 100ms when giving this message.

It could be that the long simulation is causing some sort of memory overflow.
What is the circuit?

In reality it is a circuit to measure ESR capacitor caught the internet. ESR_mk4.jpg

I want to see if it works.

- - - Updated - - -

could not be lack of HD space? The HD I'm using is a 40 GB and when displays this message, check that the HD is with 0 byte free space.

- - - Updated - - -

better analyzing this issue, should not be HD problem may be even something related to memory or virtual memory of the machine because they simulate on another computer that has more HD space the problem continues.

The RPC server is unavailable

This is a Windows error message. RPC stands for Remote Procedure Call. It is one of many Services.

Excerpt from a discussion at another message board:

"The RPC server is unavailable because the service couldn't function properly because it's dependancy (server service) couldn't start."

Try an internet search to find out more.

-----------------------

As for the schematic, try to simplify everything you can. It may help to reduce problems.

Remove the 7805. Change the power supply to 5V.

Remove relaxation oscillators. Substitute clock pulses.

Status
Not open for further replies.