Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I find the constant login timeout a real issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

userx2

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

The only problem / issue I have with this particular forum is that it constantly times out the login.

I carefully type and create a post with complicated technical information, code etc and every time I have it done just nicely, the login has timed out and when I press post, the thing tells me to refresh and then, all the text I typed is gone and I have to login again.

Does anyone else find this problematic as well?

Best regards
X

I have never seen this issue; as far as I am aware there is no login time out. I stay logged in sometimes for hours.

Are you accessing the forum through a proxy server or Tor network?

Have you ticked the 'always stay logged in' or 'remember me' box when logging in?

I suggest that you copy your text before submitting though, to save you having to retype it, until you get to the bottom of the problem.

I have never seen this issue; as far as I am aware there is no login time out. I stay logged in sometimes for hours.

Are you accessing the forum through a proxy server or Tor network?

Have you ticked the 'always stay logged in' or 'remember me' box when logging in?

I suggest that you copy your text before submitting though, to save you having to retype it, until you get to the bottom of the problem.

Hello

Well, I belong to at least 30 different forums, all using the same software as this one and none of them show this problem except this one.

I am also pretty sure that I read in the rules or somewhere that it is indeed a feature here to have timeout login.

Perhaps it does not apply to every one but it does to me and I sure hate it.

Regards
X

I haven't had a similar issue either.
Try to clean the cookies and see if it helps.

The problem may be due to proxy error in your service provider in case you are using a LAN

It might not even be a LAN. Some ISPs use transparent proxies and one of those, if malfunctioning, could cause problems.

Typically, something like this can indicate that the client's IP address has changed while logged in, causing the server to reject subsequent communication.

It might not even be a LAN. Some ISPs use transparent proxies and one of those, if malfunctioning, could cause problems.

Typically, something like this can indicate that the client's IP address has changed while logged in, causing the server to reject subsequent communication.

I don't think so.

I have had a static IP address for a long time.

If you other folks don't have this issue, then perhaps it has to do with that the actual login was not 100% successful in although it partially works, it does not like posting stuff?

Regards
X

Sometimes I take an hour or more composing a post. When I click 'Post Quick Reply', a message sometimes comes up saying 'log-in token expired, click 'Back' button and re-post.'

(Sometimes a message is interposed saying 'Are you sure you want to leave this page?')

Often the Reply field is empty. When that happens I'm glad I'm in the habit of saving all my text to the clipboard.

There is the button saying 'restore auto-saved text.' It works sometimes, because while composing a post I see occasional messages, 'auto-saving text'.

Sometimes I compose a long post in a word processor, so it doesn't disappear in my web browser.

Hmm... so you're not alone, userx2.

I have seen similar things on other forums, just occasionally and temporarily. I frequent a lot of fora (I have a lot of interests) and certainly do not see this issue often on any of them; I cannot even recall the last time I did. I've always put these things down to temporary server problems, browser glitches, cookie problems or just the internet itself being rubbish. I know that does not help you though if it is happening frequently here.

Like BradtheRad, I have a habit of always doing a quick CTRL-A CTRL-C if I've typed a long reply before hitting send. Still, I have never seen the issue here myself and I often have a thread open for a long time before replying to it as well.

Looking through the various user settings here, I cannot find anything regarding login time-out. I do wonder though if the 'always stay logged in' button is not checked, if the system does use a token/cookie to log a user out (as you think you have seen) after a period of inactivity. E bay does that every 24 hours (and it's a real pain if it does it just as I'm about to place a sniping bid!)

If there was anything going wrong with the server, I would expect a lot more people in here saying so.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope you get things sorted out and in the mean time, try the work-arounds and don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the best electronics forum on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.