Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i don't know which pin is the red output, the blue output, and the green output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl09

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have been reading the datasheet for ov7670 camera module. which pin is the red signal? which pin is the green signal? which pin is the blue signal? i have read the datasheet, and it is not clear which pin is the red signal, which pin is the green signal, and which pin is the blue signal.

The output is 8-bit digital video, no dedicated pins for RGB signals.

Hi,

see Fig 11 and 12.

If you don´t understand them, then maybe it´s just a bit too early for you to access a camera.

Start with much more simpler projects.
First learn to go before try to run.

Klaus

rgb 565 is a format? and the camera module can be set to this format?

Hi,

rgb 565 is a format? and the camera module can be set to this format?
Trust the datasheet.

Klaus

"trust the datasheet" that means it is a format?

The information you need is in figure 11 of the data sheet. There is no Red, Green, Blue output as such, each is digitized then the digitized value is read out across two bytes as shown in the diagram. Your software/hardware has to produce the control signals to the OV7670 then at the correct time, read the bytes from the pins to reconstruct the RGB values.

Brian.

Hi,

"trust the datasheet" that means it is a format?
The datasheet says so. Several times. Why do you ask?

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.