Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I cannot access the parallel ports under XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

khalid_Hussein

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
xp direct access parallel port

I cannot access the parallel ports (like the parallel printer ports) using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 under Windows XP. Is there a solution for this problem?

direct access of parallel ports xp

**broken link removed**

inpout32.dll +xp+parallel

for security reasons windows XP doesn't allow the parallel port by users... if you have a urgent need try some other OS... windows 98 or linux.... linux has manuals specifying the port addresses and their usage....

access port in xp

Use "Userport" driver ....... u can find it free.....

dll to access parallel and serial port on xp

This is a very common question. You can search EDAboard for previous discussions.

Here's a helpful web page: "Parallel Port Central"
**broken link removed**

I've had good luck with PortTalk.
**broken link removed**

cannot directly access to printer port

Hi..khalid,

Xp does not allow direct access to parallal ports (for that matter serial ports also!!!) what i did and u could also do is :-
1. Either write ur own .dll s and let it work as an interface, between "you" and the "Ports"...!
2. or better still use advaced platforms like VC++ ,or .NET or any others and use the inbuilt functions directly. here you need to defin "classes".The advantage here is your program shall work independent of the OS in question.

I may help if you letme know what application you are designing..!!

All the best ...!!

Bye,
Sai

xp cannot see ports

I've used both porttalk (beyondlogic) and winio (??) -- liked winio better in the long run. Just google these.
-Lance

can not directly access to printer port xp

You can use delphi as program maker and get the component paralel port

release in use com ports on xp

Hi can u all tell me if i can use C++ or VB6.0 to use parallel port of my PC having XP, to control a unipolar stepper motor.

Added after 5 minutes:

Motor has a torque of 18kgcm and requires a current of 2 amps per phase.

parallel prot vb6.0 windows xp

I don't know very much about stepper motor , but i 'm going to tell you how to control the parallel port using C++ under Windows environment .

you can use these instruction : -

outp, outw .

if you want to know the prototype of these instruction use the help of the C++ version . search for out instruction .

you only will need to know the number of your PC Parallel port . you can do this from the device manager - ports Tab . you 'll find it in name of LPT1 or LPT2 . it is usually with the number 3F8H .

you don't need win32 file or any inpout.dll or inpout32.dll , that easy .
if you need more help send me .

import inpout32 dll in visual c++ 2008

try winio, it is a good tool to slove this issue.

access to lpt port under windows xp

Inpout32.dll will solve your problem. Just google it and you ll find example code in VB that teaches you how simple is to use it...

inpout32 vbscript

hi ,

i'm doing a project that requires parallel port communication in C#. On googling, i found that this can be done using the inpout32.dll. So i downloaded it and placed it in the system32 folder of Windows.But i'm not able to use it in the program. It is showing a missing library reference or assembly directive.

I'm not able to add it to the references.It is showing error.

Is any kind of registry problems associated with this dll??

please help..

access to lpt port xp

An online article over at the Code Project might help:

I/O Ports Uncensored - 1 - Controlling LEDs (Light Emiting Diodes) with Parallel Port
By Levent Saltuklaroglu

The source shows an example import statement for inpout32.dll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back