Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I can`t run user program with Bootloader in PIC18F4520

Status
Not open for further replies.

flote21

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am fighting against the bootloader in a PIC18F4520. I loaded this bootloader:

**broken link removed**

And the user program is written in the memory, but I am not able to run the program. I dont know what can be the problem but when I read the memory of the PIC, I appreciated differences in the the first positions of the rom memory between the same program loaded with the bootloader and the same program loaded with the microchip programmer..

Anyones had the same problem?

Thanks.

hello,

with a bootloader allready installed into your MCU
you have to take care about
*reset vector
*interrupt vector
in your application program... read bootloader specification

it is not the case with virgin MCU and microchip programmer
witch uses standard reset vector 0x000
and interrupts vectors 0x0008 and 0x0018

Last edited:

Hello,
I read the specs of the bootloader and everything is made in the rigth way. The only thing that I have to modify is the parameter codeoffset in the linker options of XC8. My main problem is that I can't load the user program after using the bootloader....I don't know if inside of the user program I have to indicate a special instruction in the code...
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.