Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I am very sad. I don't know what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kostbill

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am very sad.

I have to make my final thesis for my m.sc. but I am not in my country any more. The company I work for, send me in another country for a couple of years, it was a good offer.

So, the professor I wanted to have my thesis with, denied to give me something to work, saying that I will not be able to do it from so far away. So another professor gave me a thesis, three months ago I started to work on it but I know I will not be able to finish it in 5 months. If I don't make it until then, I will not get the m.sc.

So, I called my professor and asked him if it is possible to change the thesis into something that is easier for me to work on and he got upset.

He got angry at me, he told me that I am working on it for a lot of time and did nothing so far (I was in and out in hospitals for 2 months and I had told him but he does not remember obviously - and I didn't want to remind him) and that today alone I wasted one hour of his time, and that one's time is valuable and I should not do that.

I feel bad because I didn't want to make him bad, I feel he misjudged me and I don't think I am going to complete my thesis.

That's it, I just wanted somewhere to cry.

Thanks.

instead of crying why don't u ask help from the members of this from by sharing ur work ?

I am posting the problems I have but I don't think that I can make it on time.

I am a loser. Well, some people are, and in my case I knew that for a long time, but each time it is confirmed, I feel like shit.

I thought that I could live with that and that the feeling would eventually stop hurting me, but no, the feeling is the same, even if it is the 100th confirmation of me being a loser.

what thesis are you working on..?
post us the topic and we could try to help you out
trust me, there are many good people out here who can help you...

Thanks for the support.
I will post my questions better and I hope that somebody can help, but the thing is that there is much to do and 5 months are a little time (take out about 2 months of writing the report it gives me about 3 months of finishing the project).

Life is not only about getting degree,or completing thesis,*** has given you this beautiful life to live peacefully,and go on learning new things with your experiences.I just want to tell you that nobody in this world is a looser or winner,these are just the two ways of looking at what you have done so far.So just stop blaming yourself and be positive,bright and full of energy.
Time is not the big problem because if you observe, each minute each very long,so in this way think, 5months=150 days=3600 hours=216000 minutes, wow, you have got enough time,so on your mark,get set n go--start working and make each day count.NOTHING is impossible in this world,i totally believe in it.
I am sure you will make it,nothing can stop you.Take charge and give your best. I will pray for you.ALL THE BEST !

!!! Thanks kilbil, I wish I could believe what you wrote. I don't. But it is very nice of you all people trying to boost my confidence.

Thank you.

!!! Thanks kilbil, I wish I could believe what you wrote. I don't.

"laugh" that is funny

but if you are mature, you'd know that you have to eventually stand up and take responsibility.

Pray to *** to have mercy on you and get you rid of the situation.

Not sure if you believe that.

Well, I am not very sure what does the word "mature" means, it is one of these words that everyone gives his own meaning.
But I have stand up and I have taken responsibility for the situation I am know. I fully recognize the fact that I am a looser.
I tried, I did my best but I didn't make it. I am a part of this life too, there are many people like me in this world. I am one of them.

Well, I am not very sure what does the word "mature" means, it is one of these words that everyone gives his own meaning.
But I have stand up and I have taken responsibility for the situation I am know. I fully recognize the fact that I am a looser.
I tried, I did my best but I didn't make it. I am a part of this life too, there are many people like me in this world. I am one of them.

What's ur weakness due to which u fail (or call ur self looser) ? Lack of knowledge ? Lack of confidence etc.. ? or what ?

I think it is lack of ability. Knowledge is something I am supposed not to have a problem with.
Even if I don't know something, I "should" be able to learn something fast because that is what I studied to be, an engineer.

Apparently I am not a good one. As I said before, I know that, but every time that I verify it, it hurts.

I think it is lack of ability. Knowledge is something I am supposed not to have a problem with.
Even if I don't know something, I "should" be able to learn something fast because that is what I studied to be, an engineer.

Apparently I am not a good one. As I said before, I know that, but every time that I verify it, it hurts.

Hi kostbill... in some situations i have felt the same way u are feeling now... but eventually managed to get over those situations... I hope u can do that too... Instead of discussing ur weakness pls post the project works and get help from other members, cause if you are going to get help on ur project from anywhere, this is the place... best of luck

Thanks again, I already started to ask questions in the PLD sub forum.

Thanks for the support guys.

Once u figure out ur exact weaknesses , start investing ur time in removing them instead of wasting it crying. :)

But if someone is stupid and not able to do something correct, there is nothing he can do.
What can I do? There is not such a thing as IQ surgery.

I am from Greece but my company sent me in America for a couple of years for a project.
Why?

The topic about the problems I am encountering with my thesis you mean?
It is not just one issue, they are a lot, but I am fighting it, it is just that I won't make it.

Thanks guys, you are truly supportive here! I appreciate it.

Hello mate are you there? How do you feel now? Alright are you?
Regards,
Jerin.

Status
Not open for further replies.