Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I’ve modified a Gerber file in GerbTool. How to save (or export) it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kender

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Stanford, SF Bay Peninsula, California, Earth, Sol
Activity points
Folks,

What am I not doing right here?

• Got WISE GerbTool, which came with OrCAD 10.5.
  • Generated Gerbers with Eagle 6.2.0 and imported them into GerbTool.
  • Modified one of the Gerbers. So far so good.
  • If I do File -> Save, only the .GTD file is saved. The modified Gerber file does not get saved.
  • If I do File -> Export -> Gerber…, GerbTool does export a Gerber, but it doesn’t look right. Most of the traces and pads originally generated by Eagle are not there any more.

So, how can I save a modified Gerber?
Alternatively, is there a freeware Gerber editor, which I could use instead of GerbTool? (I’ve done some searching and found this list. But I’d like to get your suggestions too.)

Any suggestion, insight or reference is really appreciated!

Cheers,
- Nick

Do you not have access to the original eagle files? In my experience, just regenerating the Gerber files is a lot easier and makes for less errors. I looked into this topic a while ago, but was unable to find a gerber editor that was completely free. I found these two threads that led me to a similliar conclusion...

https://www.edaboard.com/threads/35428/
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/40705/

Regards,
Willis

Most of the free gerber software I have tried does not allow you to save the work, but if you do find one let us know.What you are doing with gerbtool is correct, I would look into why it is not saving correctly as ou are likely to have the same problem with another tool
Again Why are you modyfing Gerbers, it is not reccomended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back