Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hyperterminal for Window Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Since moving to Window Vista, I need a hypertermnal with setting multibuttons for my microcontroller's debug. Do you know any good software?

Regards

MM

Windows VISTA is rather a bad choice ..

Anyhow, try:
http://www.rfinnovations.com.au/Uploads/Images/RFI-Interm%20Rev1.1(1).zip
It's a superb terminal program ..

IanP
:D

Try uCON....it is FREE...and works!

http://www.umonfw.com/ucon/index.html

What is uCon?

Its simply a terminal emulator, like HyperTerminal, but with a lot of interesting/unusual added capabilities aimed at the needs of embedded systems users and/or developers (but certainly not limited to that space).

Can I program function keys?

Yes. uCon has 8 programmable function keys and 16 programmable buttons. The only difference between the two is that the function keys can be activated by a keypress or a button click.

Can I configure the COM port to a non-standard baud rate?

Yes. uCon allows the user to define the baud rate from within the dialog box that opens under Config->Backends->COM Port..

Can I access my PC's COM port from a remote machine?

Yes. uCon has a built-in telnet server that provides access "through" the machine from network to COM port. To try this out go to menu item Servers->Telnet, check the "Enabled" box, then click the OK button. You should notice that a portion of your status bar shows something like this:

CLIENTS (port 8200): 0

This indicates that there are currently no clients connected. Now, if you open up a telnet client and try to connect to the PC running uCon, and use port 8200 you'll notice that the client now has access to the same COM port connection that your uCon session has access to. Up to 8 clients can connect simultaneously.

Can I connect to something other than a COM port?

Yes. uCon provides several "backends": COM port, telnet client, SSH client, and a moncmd UDP client (for use with MicroMonitor based targets). Go to menu item Config->Backend for these alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back