Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Humidity measuring with PIC16F877A

Status
Not open for further replies.

john120

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I would like to measure the humidity of beans ,I am using the sensor I took from a coffee meter (which was used for measuring coffee humidity),I want to display the measures on the LCD 16*2;
Help me for this.I want to use CCS C compiler

Thanks!!

How is your sensor ? What kind off signal they bring
I am using the oscilloscope for analyzing the type of signal but nothing I detect,so I want to know the technique which is used for measuring humidity using an oscillator ,my case is the oscillator of 1.3MHZ,when I load beans in the container this frequency comes to 940MHZ this goes one input of the Microcontroller;secondary the sensor which is placed in the container (container has a form of cylinder) is also connected on the other Microcontroller input through an Resistor which is conected to a capacitence which is second pin is on the ground.
I think there is a technique which is used like capacitive method depending on different connections which can be established;I f you want I can take a picture of the sensor I have but unfortunately I dont have its specification number.

For it one pin goes to the microcontroller the second goes to the ground.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

John, send us image or sensor mark (model, tipe, code....),
because this sensor is taken from proffy mashine probably you can not find info about manufacturer or model,
so I realy suggest you to buy some great temp/hum sensor for very good price...
https://www.goodluckbuy.com/sensirion-sht10-humidity-and-temperature-sensor-.html
regards

The problem where I am I can not find where to buy those components,so I took one from that equipment which I know is good

It's near impossible to help with this data

See,Mr. pasicr and ebclr in my area I can not find sensors,useful information I now have are as follow:
1.Frequency for the oscillator is there when I load the grain in my equipment,the square wave I get have 1,4 as voltage and is constant (does not change)
2.With my meter(ohmmeter) I tried to measure the sensor I saw that its resistance increases when I load the grain;the initial value of resistance is 9Kohm after loading the grain I have the resistor attain 10,280Kohm;is this a resistive -relative humidity sensor?Is there any method which can be used in order to determine the relative humidity referring to the frequency because when I load the grain the frequency reduces from 1,5Mhz to 1,2MHZ.or this freuency can be related to the weight of the grain?

Hope from this you can help

Status
Not open for further replies.