Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSPLL issue in a 16-channel RC servo driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

be_jouster

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

Currently I designing 16-channel rc servo driver. For now i just try for 2-channel only. As my hardware, I'm using 18F2331 and 10Mhz osc. I'm coded my firmware using ASM. I hook-up the output pin to the scope. The result as below:

1) 10Mhz osc with HSPLL enable - There is a signal on the scope but not as I programmed it to be. Sometimes my mcu like hang or something else.

2) 10Mhz osc without HSPLL - There is a signal on the scope as I programmed it to be. In term of time, it is 4 times bigger as my program target for 40Mhz operation.

Why could this happen? I really needs to run my firmware at 40Mhz to support 16 servos. Anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

HSPLL issue

After enabling the PLL, you must power down the chip to ensure that PLL starts correctly, and after that check the signals.

Re: HSPLL issue

Thanks for reply.

After i tried your suggestion it still not working 10 Mhz with HSPLL enable. But when i tried 4Mhz with HSPLL enable, it is working (timming is bigger - but not an issue). So why it cannot work with 10 Mhz with HSPLL enable?

:cry:

Re: HSPLL issue

By putting 0.1uf cap across power to ground resolve the problems :D.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back